Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On the Road!

Hey everybody! Today is going to be another one of those posts with no pictures! I have no idea how to do all that on a hotel computer! We are now in Lake Havasu City, Az. We drove 10 hours on Monday and arrived here about 7:30 Monday evening. There is a 2 hour time change here so we gained a few hours. Was nice but the trip home won't be so good! The kids are loving the lake! There are sandy beaches and the water is crystal clear! The lake is also set in the mountains so that makes it all the more beautiful! We will stay her until tomorrow morning (Thurs.) then we are heading towards Sacramento. That is about another 11 hours so we might break that up into a couple days. Michael raced in Albuquerque last weekend and he did awesome! He set fast time in both of his cars and got first in one of the races and second in the other. If you go to quartermidgetslive.com and click on Jr Honda underneath the Route 66 Summer Nationals heading. (i think) it should pull up the winning picture of the whole fam and his car. Sorry I don't know how to do the whole link thing! Let me know whether you can find it on there or not!
I am sure that you have heard that my Grandma Helen passed away a few days ago so please be in prayer for my family. I am especially having a hard time with it because I am not going to be able to be back for the funeral. Thanks ahead of time for the prayers and I will try to update soon!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

That is a great family picture.

So sorry that you are not able to come back for the funeral. That is hard. I will miss seeing you all as well! We will take pictures for you, I know it is not the same, but maybe it will help?

Have a fun time in Sacremento!

Abbey said...

Shawna- Thank-you so much! Pictures really would help a lot. We will miss seeing you all as well. Hope to get together soon!

jenica said...

I'm very sorry about your grandma's death and that you will miss the funeral.

Congrats to Michael! How cool!