Monday, May 5, 2008

Michael's Race 5-4-08

Michael raced in Tulsa this past Sunday afternoon and had an awesome day! He usually does pretty well but this week he lead both of his races by over half a lap! I am such a competitive person so it is so much fun to watch him do well. He is so humble and it is neat to watch his reaction (or lack there of) when he wins a race. He comes off of the track with no facial expression what so ever and when he gets out of his car he goes straight to the other boys that he was racing against and shakes their hands and tells them good job. So sweet.
Then off they all go to ride scooters, bikes and catch whatever reptile they can get their hands on until it is time to race again. We really do have a great time out there. I will say that having a 6 month old on your hip changes everything! Gone are the days of sitting on the bleachers and soaking in the rays. Now I find the best shade I can!! Anyway...hope you enjoy!



Michael is the yellow and black car wuth the #2 on his car

6 comments:

Brooke said...

How fun! Our family was really competitive too... I worry about how I will be when my kids compete in anything. I just know I will be the crazy mom screaming in the stands! :o)

Abbey said...

Brooke- I am definately the crazy screaming mother!! Although not so much since Izzy has been here. I always think of how tacky it would look to be jumping up and down screaming with a baby on my hip! Not such a good sight!

The McCullars said...

i love the pic of him riding with the checkered flag!! That's my nephew:)

Abbey said...

Marianna- I know, that's my favorite too!

Lista said...

He's gotten so big! I still remember him as a chubby little preschooler! Of course, that's probably how you remember Gabe, too! Congrats on the great race results! I'm a competitive first child, so I can relate! :o)

Abbey said...

Calista- I know! They grow up way too fast don't they? That is how I remember Gabe. It is amazing to look a your pix of him now & see how much he has grown!